Profit Sharing Plan
A profit sharing plan is a qualified defined contribution program that is funded by the employer and allows for discretionary annual contributions. A 401(k) feature can also be added to permit employees to partially fund the plan. A profit sharing plan is a suitable investment for any size company and is ideal for an employer who wants flexibility in costs and contributions. Businesses with unpredictable cash flows may find that a profit sharing plan works well for their business.
Let Richard Financial Resources, LLC refer you to a quality, local plan administrator.
Typical Options of a Profit Sharing Plan Include:
- Only the employer contributes to the plan (unless a 401(k) feature is added.)
- Offers a variety of vesting options.
- Numerous investment vehicle choices.
- Multiple plan administrator choices.
- Loan provisions.
- Amount of employer contributions can change annually or at the employer’s discretion.
- Employer contributions are tax-deductible.
- Earnings on contributions grow on a tax-deferred basis.
- Investments can be directed by the employer or the employee.
- Providing this valuable employee benefit can have a positive impact on employer efforts to recruit and retain quality employees.
- Wide range of investment choices.